Tuesday, July 26, 2005

typhoons and other phenomenon

so apparently there was an earthquake in and around Tokyo on saturday before we arrived. i think it measured 5 on the richter scale (7points max right?). and right now there's a typhoon going over Japan..but it's moving north and we should be allright for flying south to Okinawa tomorrow.. it's been raining non-stop since late last night (25th) and i'm about to venture out of the hotel for the first time today.
last night experienced karaoke and all you can eat and drink restaurant
the all you can eat deal lasts for a specific period of time..our Okinawa group had 2 hours..quite a lot of fun...i think i had two coctails and a beer in front of me at one point...good food too..some interesting and unknown foods were tried and enjoyed (i think).
the okinawa crew are good folks..am enjoying their company quite a bit, actually..
tonight the plan is to have dinner and drinks with a couple of russian-speaking americans. there are "real" russians on the JET program..but apparently most of them are involved with the sports activities and are not coming until august..

tomorrow i fly out to Okinawa and get to finally meet my supervisors, Gabrielle and some students

ok..being kicked off the puter

2 comments:

Kevin said...

The richter scale goes up to 10, 5 isn't too bad. It's good to hear that you are doing well.I have set up a site of my own because of Randy's prompting. I will get you the adress as soon as i can. It's been really nice the past couple of days having everyone say, "Hey, did you hear about those bombings in Egypt?" Oh no, of course I haven't, oh my. I am still going.

allah yassilami'k

Evangela said...

Okay, so I'm not at Hama, but we're all thinking of you back home. I'm glad to hear things are going so well. I'll keep you up to date with all the restaurant dealing so's you're not too lonely/happy :). Have a good week!